Monday, June 9, 2008

Skirts and P.E. Class

I think that sometimes I get too interested in reading everybody else's blog and forget to update my own. Maybe it's just that everyone else seems so much more interesting than I am. :) Anyway, today was a big day for me because I wore a skirt to work. Wow. I still can't believe I did it- I normally do all I can do to avoid skirts; they're just something to be endured once a week. But I am sitting here typing in a skirt and it's surprisingly comfortable. It's not hot enough here yet for my legs to be sticking together so I'm happy.
The kids and Troy have been out of school for a week now- I think they're pretty much ready to go back. :) Actually, they're having fun staying up late and riding their bikes all over the neighborhood (except for Kelson, he's not a "bike kid"). Troy found out that he'll be teaching P.E. along with history next year (yes, this is hilarious to me, too!) so he's planning his "lessons". But really- what is there to plan? Everybody knows the drill- put on your gym clothes and do some warm-ups followed by whatever sport is in season, then "shower" and back into your school clothes. It's not brain surgery. He says he's going to participate with the kids and he's looking forward to wearing sweats all day. I can't help but think of Mr. Johnson, who was my 7th grade history teacher/boys' gym teacher. I had him first period- that guy must have had seriously overworked sweat glands because even at 7:30 in the morning he had pit stains to his waist. I DO NOT want my darling husband to end up in this situation!!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Karyn,
This is probably strange, but I ran into your blog on someone else's blog and ended up here. How are things going? Congrats on wearing the skirt to work. I didn't know that was a challenge for you:) You're so cute. We just got a blog going if you want to check it out, it's http://nateandjules.blogspot.com/ Hope you're having a great summer!

~Julie Blanchard

Sara M said...

I don't know why sweat stains to Troy's waist was funny to me but I laughed out loud- it must be the late hour. :)