Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday evening and there's no school tomorrow

Today my Primary lesson was about being reverent during Sacrament Meeting. I teach the CTR 6 class with my friend Sara. Reverence is a fun topic for us. We watched one of the girls in our class spend half an hour putting a package of M&Ms in between her toes. When she was done, she asked me to open the package for her. Oh, yucky. Hard to set the tone for a reverence lesson after that. :)
But anyway, I've been thinking that I need to be more proactive in sharing my testimony here. I am so grateful for the Gospel. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that through his Atonement, we have the opportunity to be with our Heavenly Father again someday. I know that the fulness of the Gospel was restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know we have a living prophet on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson. And I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I don't know why these are hard things for me to share- it's not like I'm bawling at the pulpit on Fast and Testimony Meeting. Maybe it's just because they're so close to my heart. I appreciate all of you in my life who lift and inspire me and help me to be a better person, many of you without even realizing you're doing it.

4 comments:

Tara said...

You're awesome.

Sara M said...

thanks- I love that you would share that with everyone out there. I am sooooo glad that I get to keep teaching with you.

Erika said...

Hey I finally made my own blog! You should see it. It's awesome.
-Erika Liddle

Alicia said...

Congrats on your new calling! I've missed you in RS, so I'm glad you'll be there again!